The rules of mind mapping are pretty simple. In their most general form they are …
- Draw or paste a picture in the middle of the page
- Draw branches from the central picture (idea) toward the outside of the page
- Label the branches with major ideas
- Look at the radiating picture as if it were a clock
- Start with the branch at about 1 o’clock as your first idea
- Label the branch with a major idea
- Go clockwise and draw another branch and label it
- Next for each branch, draw some sub-branches for variations on the major idea
- Sub-branches can have sub-branches
- Each sub-branch should be more specific that the branch or sub-branch on which it is located
- Keep looking at the map and adding or deleting branches and sub-branches
- Do some memorable formatting with colors and flowing branches and font sizes
Got that, right?
OR maybe I should show you this?
What do you think? Got it?
I knew you were that smart.